Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under CCPA, California residents have the right to know about information collected disclosed or sold, the right to opt out of the sale of certain information, and a limited right to have businesses delete information a business has collected about the consumer. These rights extend only to California residents and information covered by CCPA. Because CCPA does not cover all consumer data in all situations, only certain consumer data subject to these rights.
Other laws may govern data we gather about you or you provide to us including, but not limited to:
- Information to or from a consumer reporting agency if that information is to be reported in, or used to generate, a consumer report as defined by subdivision (d) of Section 1681a of Title 15 of the United States Code, and use of that information is limited by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq.)
- Information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed pursuant to the federal Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (Public Law 106–102), and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (Division 1.4 (commencing with Section 4050) of the Financial Code). PLEASE NOTE: Any personal data collected in relation to a mortgage loan is exempt from the consumer rights to know, delete and opt-out created under CCPA because this information is governed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act or other state and federal laws which exempt this data from CCPA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation (“Company” or “we”) collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). As described above, not all of the Personal Information collected below is subject to CCPA. All Personal Information collected pursuant to this notice that is subject to CCPA is collected for a Business Purpose and may be shared with service providers if necessary, to perform a Business Purpose. We may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, any other financial information, or medical information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information.||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
GHMC obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you.
- For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase
- Indirectly from you.
- For example. From observing your actions on our Website.
GHMC may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
GHMC will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
GHMC may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
GHMC shares your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers
Disclosures Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, GHMC may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
|Category B:||California Customer Records personal information categories.|
|Category C:||Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.|
|Category D:||Commercial information.|
|Category F:||Internet or other similar network activity.|
|Category I:||Professional or employment-related information.|
|Category K:||Inferences drawn from other personal information.|
GHMC discloses your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties
- Service Providers
In the preceding twelve (12) months, GHMC has not sold any of your personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. California consumers have the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. Under CCPA, you may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by the Company.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. Under CCPA, you may have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by a business. Note that as defined in CCPA, the Company does not, and will not, sell your personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights. Under CCPA, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the Company for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Instructions for Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request to Know, Delete, or Opt-Out
For a request to be acknowledged, you must either fill out the form at the bottom of this page, or call our toll free number at 844-888-9258. After submitting a request, we will verify your identity by matching the identifying information provided by you to the personal information already maintained by us, or, in cases where your request requires a higher degree of certainty, we may use a third-party identity verification service or ask for a photo ID or for more information. Any information you provide us that is not already in our system will be deleted after your request has been fulfilled.
CLICK HERE TO EXERCISE ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY AND DELETION RIGHTS
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete, you must provide the Company with written permission from you giving the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf, and you may be required to verify the authorized agent’s identity with the Company. The Company may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on their behalf.
"*" indicates required fields